I am on a serious smoothie kick!
Please excuse me for posting a few smoothie recipes over the next few weeks.. I ate a little TOO much over the holidays and it is time to keep things extra healthy.
Smoothies are a great way to get some of your daily fruits and veggies, dairy and protein. Not only are they delicious, they are so easy to make. Smoothies are great because you can even throw all of the ingredients in the blender the night before, stick it in the fridge–wake up, blend and eat! You have the perfect morning wake me up.
Smoothies are very customizable so if you want to substitute raspberries for strawberries, eliminate the honey, or use a different type of milk go for it!
My toddler loves these too so I make extra for him to sip on.
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup skim milk (could use 1% as well)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup crushed ice
- If you use frozen strawberries put them in the blender and blend until chopped.
- Put all of the remaining ingredients in a blender for 1 minute, lift lid and stir and continue to blend until smooth.
Inspiration from Cooking Light
If you like this smoothie recipe check out others from around the web:
Green Monster Spinach Smoothie by Iowa Girl Eats
Homemade Smoothies: Money Savings Tips and Recipes by Whole Foods Blog
Pear and Ginger Smoothie by Guilty Kitchen
Cheers to health in the New Year!