Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Vegetables are roasted with garlic, rosemary, lemon and herbs to create a flavorful side dish the whole family will love.
Did you get snow where you live? Here in Chicago we actually got a lot of snow! I was hibernating with a warm fire, a cup of hot chocolate and Homeland. Do you watch Homeland? We recently starting watching it on Netflix and are pretty much addicted. Every time a new DVD shows up we watch the whole thing in one night! It is nice to have something to do when it is 10 degrees outside and your almost eight months pregnant!
I also did a little bit of cooking to keep myself busy. These Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Vegetables were on the list and they turned out great. I mixed my favorite vegetables with rosemary, chunks of lemon, garlic and herbs. Instead of using olive oil, which I normally do, I got the opportunity to try Pompeian Grape Seed Oil when making this recipe.
Using grape seed oil worked great and had a light flavor that was not overpowering. Not only is this recipe easy to make it is one that your whole family, including the kiddos, will love!
- 1 zucchini, chopped into sections
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped into quarters
- ½ lemon, cut in quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs (or use 1 tsp. dried rosemary)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ cup oil (olive oil or grape seed oil)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except 1 quarter of the lemon.
- Squeeze the 1 quarter of lemon over the vegetables and mix.
- On a baking sheet lined with foil spread vegetables.
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes stirring halfway through to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove from oven and let set for 2 minutes. Serve warm.
I was given Pompeian Grape Seed Oil to try but was not compensated. As always opinions are 100% my own.
Have a great Monday!