Tortillas have many uses in my house: wraps, quesadillas, tacos, burritos, enchiladas and so much more.
Needless to say when I received this package last week from Mission Foods of their newest Super Soft Tortillas I was pretty darn happy.
Not only are they great for creating healthy, yummy meals they can also be used to make sweet snacks, like these Dulce Quesadillas.
When I crave sweets I like to have some sort of fruit mixed in to balance it out. When you take a bite of this quesadilla you get a bite of chocolate, peanut butter, banana and strawberry all at once.
Oops…I had to try them out..
If there is one thing that bothers me with tortillas it is when they are hard, don’t roll or fold easily, and end up cracking. Or how about when you are eating a wrap and everything just comes falling out because the tortilla is hard to manage? These new super soft tortillas are just what they say, super soft, easy to work with to create all of those things you love to use tortillas for.
Back to that Dulce Quesadilla you are craving…set your oven to 350 degrees, grab two Mission Super Soft tortillas and rub one side of each tortilla with olive oil.
Lay out your bottom tortilla (olive oil side on the cutting board) and set the top tortilla to the side.
Spread the peanut butter on the tortilla.
Slice the banana and lay the slices over the peanut butter.
Slice the strawberries and lay those over the banana.
Then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the strawberries.
Place the top tortilla on the quesadilla (olive oil side up).
Transfer the quesadilla onto a baking sheet with aluminum foil and sprinkle the top of the quesadilla with cinnamon and sugar. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (flipping over at 7 minutes). Make sure the chocolate melted on the inside. Remove from the oven and wallah!
I am addicted to these easy, sweet snacks.
- 2 medium (Mission Super Soft) flour tortillas (spread olive oil on one side of each tortilla)
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3-5 strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup of peanut butter, smooth
- 2 teaspoons sugar (separated into 1 teaspoon portions)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (separated into 1 teaspoon portions)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Rub olive oil on one side of each tortilla. Place one tortilla on cutting board with olive oil side down.
- Spread peanut butter on the tortilla. Place banana slices on peanut butter, then strawberries on the bananas. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the fruit.
- Close the quesadilla with the other tortilla. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the quesadilla.
- Place in oven and bake for 7 minutes, flip the quesadilla, sprinkle with other half of cinnamon and sugar, and return to oven. Bake for an additional 8 more minutes (make sure the chocolate has melted and the quesadilla gets a little bit crisp).
- Remove from oven, let cool just a bit and cut into sections.
I think this would even be a great snack for your special someone on Valentine’s Day…a glass of wine, a little fruit, peanut butter & chocolate. I am going to venture to say that it doesn’t get much better than that.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Mission Foods and part of a contest. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.