Strawberry Raspberry Cream Pops are a sweet, high protein popsicle mixing cottage cheese and fresh strawberries and raspberries. They make a perfect post-workout snack or a treat for the kids to enjoy on a hot summers day.
My friends at REAL® Seal and I are partnering to bring you these protein rich Strawberry Raspberry Cream Pops in celebration of May being National Physical Fitness and wellness month which mix Real Dairy cottage cheese and fresh strawberries and raspberries.
It is very fitting for May to be National Physical Fitness month because this month I got myself back into the gym finally! I have been walking for the past couple of months since Andrew was born but finding that balance that allows me to go to the gym took some time.
I don’t think I have talked about this on A Cedar Spoon yet but I recently decided to leave my full time grant writing job for a more flexible work arrangement. I am now doing grant writing consulting and focusing more on growing A Cedar Spoon. This has allowed me the flexibility to work at home which I absolutely love and spend two days a week with my kids. Of course I thought by doing this I would magically have all of this time to do things like clean, laundry, work out but reality set in that this really isn’t the case! I have had to learn to fit things like going to the gym, into my lunch hour on days that I work, or taking a walk with my kids on days I am watching them. It is all about finding that balance, right?
Today’s recipe for Strawberry Raspberry Cream Pops comes from my aspirations to provide my son with healthy snack options and myself a healthy post-workout snack! These pops have cottage cheese in them which is packed with protein and perfect for a post-work out snack. These Strawberry Raspberry Cream Pops mix low fat cottage cheese (for cottage cheese haters don’t worry the fruit is the dominant flavor) with fresh strawberries and raspberries along with a little honey making a creamy, sweet and slightly tart popsicle.
When purchasing your cottage cheese make sure you watch the sodium (some can have high sodium) and make sure it has the REAL® Seal. You might be wondering what the REAL® Seal is: it means not only that the product is a real dairy food, but that it was made with milk from cows on U.S. dairy farms. Nothing imported, no substitute ingredients or imitations. That makes this Momma happy!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- ¾ cup low fat cottage cheese (such as Dutch Farms)
- 1 cup fresh, ripe strawberries, chopped (or frozen)
- ½ cup fresh, ripe raspberries, chopped (or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon honey (more or less to taste)
- Optional: extra thins slices of strawberries, raspberries to add to finished popsicles
- Put the cottage cheese, fruit and agave nectar in a blender and puree until desired texture (I like it to be pretty smooth).
- Fill each popsicle mold with one-quarter inch of room at the top as the popsicles will expand as they freeze.
- I like to add one or two little pieces of fruit (so maybe 1 thin slice of strawberry and a raspberry) into the popsicle mixture once in the mold before freezing (it is an extra fun treat for the kids!).
- If you are using molds that have a stick already in them all you need to do is pop them in the freezer for about 4-5 hours, or until frozen through.
- If you are using a mold that requires you to put the stick in yourself (which is what I use), then partially freeze the molds, which takes about 2 hours, insert the popsicle sticks so they stand on their own and return to freezer for about 3 more hours, or until frozen.
You want to make sure that your fruit is as ripe as possible to prevent the pops from being too tart.
Add more or less honey (or other natural sweetener) to taste. I make the blended mixture and then taste it and add honey to taste.
If you are new to making popsicles stop over and read these great tips that Epicurious has.
For more popsicle ideas to cool you off this summer check out my Popsicle Pinterest board!
REAL® Seal was started four decades ago and is an assurance that the dairy you are buying is made from milk from cows on U.S. dairy farms, and met strict manufacturing requirements. For a country that consumes so much dairy that is important!
This post is sponsored by my friends at REAL® Seal, and as always all thoughts are my own. I support and share the products and brands that I truly believe in and enjoy.