Crisp salmon with a delicious carrot-ginger vinaigrette that you will want to put on everything you are eating…it’s that good!
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus small amount to drizzle on pan for salmon)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced, peeled ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) fresh or frozen salmon
- Combine carrot, orange juice, chopped onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon salt in food processor to create vinaigrette. Process for about 1 minute or until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Drizzle olive oil on pan and swirl to coat. Add fish to heated pan with skin side down and cook 7 minutes or until skin is browned and crisp. Flip fish over, cook 2 more minutes or until done.
- Remove salmon from heat and place on a plate with 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette.