I hope you had a great, sunny weekend! We spent it in Michigan enjoying the beach, good company and camp fires. It was relaxing and the perfect retreat from the busy life!
Speaking of summer..it is that time of year! Sweet corn is at the farmers markets, grocery stores and those little farm stands you see on the side of the road.
Don’t get me wrong I love eating sweet corn right off the cob, especially after its been cooking on the grill, but I also really like making salsas and dips with it. Grilled Corn Salsa is addictive! Does anyone else have a slight obsession with Chipotle? The corn salsa they have is one of my favorite things to put on my burrito bowls when I go. This salsa reminds me of their corn salsa.
You start by preparing your sweet corn for the grill. I followed these instructions and it worked great.
While your sweet corn cooks away on the grill you prepare the remaining ingredients. Once the corn is done on the grill remove it from the cob and let it cool off.
Once it is cool mix it in with the other ingredients and enjoy with chips or on tacos or as a topping for dishes like Tilapia.
Grilled Corn Salsa is versatile—can be eaten as a snack, garnish, topping for tacos and also makes a great dish to bring along with a bag of chips to a BBQ.
- 3 ears corn, grilled and removed from husk
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, leaves chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (about 1 small lime)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the corn on the cob for the grill. Follow instructions here for grilling–> http://whatscookingamerica.net/Vegetables/GrillingCorn.htm.
- While corn is grilling chop the jalapenos, red pepper, cilantro and roma tomatoes and set in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice and the salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Once the corn cools off add it to the salsa and mix well.
- Taste and adjust lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chips or on tacos.