Italian Style Tuna Salad is an easy and delicious way to add a variety of nutrients to your diet, including lean protein, healthy fat, and important vitamins and minerals.This tuna salad is perfect on a sandwich, over greens or as an appetizer with your favorite crackers.
Today I am excited to share this Italian spin on traditional tuna salad. When Bumble Bee® asked me to create a recipe for the New Year using their tuna I was excited to create something a little different than the traditional tuna salad that I love.
This spin mixes fresh Italian parsley, mashed white beans, tuna, onions and a lemony vinaigrette. The idea came when I was talking with my Aunt over the holidays about my upcoming blog posts and I mentioned one of them involved tuna. This led to her telling me about a trip to Spain where she ate an Italian style tuna salad that she loved and I knew I had to recreate it. The thought of lemon, tuna and fresh Italian parsley sounded perfect to me!
If you follow my Instagram you know I sometimes share teasers for upcoming posts and this was one of those. Italian Tuna Salad has quickly become one of my favorite lunch options during the week. Tuna is packed full of health benefits including including lean protein, healthy fat, and important vitamins and minerals so it fits right into my focus on eating even healthier in 2015. New Year, New You!
This Italian Tuna Salad is easy to throw together. Start by partially mashing up your white beans using the back of a spoon or a potato masher. Set that bowl aside.
Next mix the tuna, Italian parsley, onion and celery together.
Add the white beans and stir it together.
Drizzle the lemon juice and olive oil over the tuna salad and combine. Taste the tuna salad and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over a bed of greens, on a sandwich or as an appetizer with crackers.
If you like tuna salad sandwiches but want to try something a little different this is your answer. Bumble Bee® makes a lot of great options for canned tuna including chunk tuna in oil or water and solid tun in oil or water
- 1 - 15.5 oz can cannellini beans (white beans), drained and rinsed
- 2-5oz cans BUMBLE BEE Chunk White Albacore in Water (tuna)
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl partially mash the cannelloni beans using the back of a spoon or a potato masher.
- In a separate mixing bowl mix together the tuna, onion, Italian parsley and the celery. Add the white beans and mix together.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon, olive and salt and pepper to taste and stir until completely mixed.
- Serve on sandwiches, with crackers or on a bed of spinach or arugula.