Lemony Almond Macaroons are a light dessert that is easy to make.
- 1–14 oz package sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large egg whites
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Stir in egg whites.
- Drop mounds of the mixture (each equal to 2 Tbsp) onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (until edges begin to brown), switching the racks halfway through.
- Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or glass of milk.