Yes. You heard right. Loaded Oatmeal Cookies!
Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
When you hear the words loaded and cookies in the title of a recipe do you get as excited as I do?
When I asked my Mom to pass another dessert recipe my way for the blog this is what she sent me.
I mean that’s a pretty great Mom, right? Growing up my Mom always made the best homemade cookies.
Hands down. My friends and I could always count on a good homemade cookie waiting in the cookie jar after school.
My favorite cookie has always been a really chewy oatmeal and raisin cookie but those might have taken a backseat to this fully loaded version.
Cranberries. Chocolate Chips. Coconut. Raisins. Oatmeal. Come ON NOW! Everything I like in a cookie all rolled into one wonderful recipe.
Since I can’t have my Mom’s Loaded Oatmeal Cookies in person, I will just recreate these at my house and pretend we are sharing them over a glass of milk and good conversation.
Food is good for that, right?
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add oats, raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips and coconut, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes (9 for me) or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Store in airtight container.
When I make oatmeal cookies I like them to be a little bit chewy. I have noticed that when the edges just start to get golden is the time to pull the cookies out. You might think they aren’t done yet but they are!