Yes. You heard right. Loaded Oatmeal Cookies!
Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
When you hear the words loaded and cookies in the title of a recipe do you get as excited as I do?
When I asked my Mom to pass another dessert recipe my way for the blog this is what she sent me. I mean that’s a pretty great Mom, right? Growing up my Mom always made the best homemade cookies. Hands down. My friends and I could always count on a good homemade cookie waiting in the cookie jar after school.
My favorite cookie has always been a really chewy oatmeal and raisin cookie but those might have taken a backseat to this fully loaded version. Cranberries. Chocolate Chips. Coconut. Raisins. Oatmeal. Come ON NOW! Everything I like in a cookie all rolled into one wonderful recipe.
Since I can’t have my Mom’s Loaded Oatmeal Cookies in person, I will just recreate these at my house and pretend we are sharing them over a glass of milk and good conversation. Food is good for that, right?Print
A delicious, chewy oatmeal cookies fully loaded with chocolate chips, dried cranberries, coconut and raisins.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add oats, raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips and coconut, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes (9 for me) or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Store in airtight container.
When I make oatmeal cookies I like them to be a little bit chewy. I have noticed that when the edges just start to get golden is the time to pull the cookies out. You might think they aren’t done yet but they are!
Get ready to add another cookie to your list of favorites. They made it onto mine.
What’s your favorite cookie of all time?