Sauteed Tomato Basil Zucchini is fresh garden zucchini sauteed with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil to create a light, flavorful side dish.
August is half over guys! Time flies when you are having fun. Just the other day I realized that Andrew is 6 months old, so active & started eating solids!
Somehow it has been half a year since he was born. Sometimes I feel like it is flying by but other times (those sleepless nights) I feel like it has been longer than that. Either way he is so much fun and really starting to have a personality.
Will and Andrew are constantly making each other laugh. The minute Andrew sees Will enter the room he lights up–it really is the cutest thing to see. I know that someday there might be fighting and wrestling and all those things that go along with having a sibling so for now I am soaking up every minute of the brotherly love! 😉
In other news the past few weeks I have been swimming in zucchini! I love this time of year when everything ripens and you have an abundance of fresh produce. Creating quick and easy side dishes using my fresh produce is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. Today’s Sauteed Tomato Basil Zucchini is packed with summer flavors and everything in this dish is straight out of my garden (except the parmesan I added for garnish). If you have a local farmers market that is a great place to find fresh produce for a recipe like this.
Fresh garden zucchini is sauteed with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil to create a light, flavorful side dish.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into coin sized pieces
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Garnish: parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet heat the 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the zucchini, garlic, onion and cherry tomatoes until the zucchini becomes tender and the cherry tomatoes start to pop and release their juices (about 10-12 minutes).
- Add the fresh basil and oregano and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parmesan.
For more side dishes check out my On the Side Pinterest board!