Sweet and Spicy Nut Mix is a mix of cashews, pecans and walnuts mixed with spicy cayenne pepper, cumin and sweet cinnamon and makes a great gift for the holidays or snack at a party.
I recently shared the Candied Cinnamon and Sugar Nut Mix that I made over the holidays as gifts and this Sweet and Spicy Nut Mix was also part of my holiday edible gift giving. This nut mix has a bit of a kick to it so you have to make sure the person you are giving this to likes a little spice.
Not only would this make another great gift idea it would also be a nice snack to set out at a New Years Eve party or get together with friends.
I hope as this busy week gets under way you have time to enjoy your family and friends! My sister is due with her first baby so we will be on baby watch all week hoping that we get the greatest gift of all on Christmas day! 🙂 I know Will is excited to have another cousin and I am excited to be an Aunt to a little girl!Print
A sweet and spicy nut mix of cashews, pecans and walnuts mixed with spicy cayenne pepper, cumin and sweet cinnamon make a great gift for the holidays or snack at a party.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium bowl beat together the egg white with 1 Tablespoon water until foamy.
- Add all nuts, sugar, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake until the nuts are mostly dry but still slightly sticky, about 40-45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and stir. Reduce the temperature to 200 degrees. Return the nuts to the oven and bake until crisp, about 30 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir to loosen the nuts from the baking sheet; cool completely on the sheet.
- You can keep these in an air tight container for a few weeks.
Recipe adapted from Food Network
Cheers to a happy holiday, safe travels and lots of delicious food!! 🙂