- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked quick rolled oats
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the sugars in a mixer. Cream the sugars with the softened butter.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and milk and cream until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add slowly to the wet mixture until smooth. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Use a teaspoon or a small cookie scoop to drop rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden. Enjoy warm!