This Pineapple Zucchini Bread is a super moist treat made with Greek yogurt, pineapple and fresh zucchini that goes perfectly with a big mug of coffee!
Are you wondering what the heck I just said? Well those that speak German know– good morning in German! Today begins our adventures in Europe. First stop, Munich! After a 9 hour overnight flight we will arrive in Germany and begin our journey. Fingers crossed I am not exhausted with jetlag.
The first day we are doing a bike tour around Munich which I think will be a great way to see the city. Oh, and the bike tour has a stop at the second largest beer garden in the world! Who doesn’t love a good mug of Germany beer and a huge soft pretzel? Prost!
While I am gone two of my favorite bloggers will be sharing their delicious recipes with you all.
Pineapple Zucchini Bread
Today I am excited to share a Pineapple Zucchini Bread recipe that I made recently. Zucchini bread has always been a favorite of mine. My Mom grew zucchinis in her garden when we were little and there was always an abundance of them. She would use them throughout the summer to make two loaves of zucchini bread– one was always in the freezer for later! I have fond memories of her moist, delicious zucchini bread and still ask her to make it for me when I visit.
Breakfast was my favorite time to sit down and have a piece..or two…but it is a great afternoon snack alongside a cup of coffee or tea. In this recipe I used a cup of Chobani Pineapple Greek Yogurt (plain Greek yogurt works just fine). It made the bread extra moist and added a very slight hint of pineapple to the bread which was a nice change.
The fact that this Pineapple Zucchini Bread is freezer friendly is great for busy days when you need a quick snack.Print
A moist and light zucchini bread using Greek Yogurt.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1–6oz fat-free pineapple Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani’s Pineapple Greek Yogurt, you can also use plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- Preheat the oven to 325. Grease a 9×4 1/2 inch metal bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl (or using a mixer) mix together the sugar with the eggs, vegetable oil and fat-free yogurt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients along with the zucchini. Mix until the batter is moistened and ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Pour the batter into the pan (making sure it is even). Baked for about 1 hour (until the loaf rises and you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean).
- Let the bread cool on a rack for 40-45 minutes before removing from the bread pan.
- Wrap whatever bread you have left in plastic and keep at room temperature for up to 4 days, or wrap in plastic and then foil and freeze for us to 1 month (I double the recipe and freeze one loaf for later).
To freeze the bread wrap the whole thing plastic wrap and then put in a big freezer ziplock bag. If you want to have individual slices just slice it up and wrap them individually. You can either let the loaf or slices sit on your counter to thaw or heat them in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
Source: Food and Wine
Have a great day!