30 Minute Garden Pasta Skillet is an easy dinner to put together in the summer using fresh summer vegetables found in your garden or local farmers market. This healthy, flavorful dinner is a family favorite.
I hope you guys had a nice weekend. We were in Michigan hanging out with friends, enjoying the lake and even got to do a little Strawberry picking. Will loved it and couldn’t stop talking about all of the strawberries he
Summer really is my favorite time of the year between my gardens, the farmers markets and abundance of fresh vegetables that are everywhere. My love of these things inspired me to make this 30 Minute Garden Pasta Skillet using the produce from our farmers market and fresh herbs from my garden.
Every Sunday we go to our local farmers market and I stock up on produce including zucchini, sweet corn, tomatoes, garlic and onions. In the summer we make it a family outing and load the kids in the double stroller. I like taking my son there so he can see all of the unique vegetables and local products like honey and cheese.
If you are a fellow summer produce lover then this is the meal for you. I really enjoy making these pasta dishes because I can modify it to my families tastes along with what I have on hand. If you don’t have zucchini you can substitute squash or carrots– get creative.
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!Print
Garden Pasta Skillet is an easy dinner to put together in the summer using fresh summer vegetables found in your garden or local farmers market. This healthy, flavorful dinner is a family favorite.
- 6 oz whole wheat pasta of your choice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 ear corn, cooked and shucked (about 1/2 cup frozen)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the pasta and set aside when done cooking.
- While the pasta cooks heat the olive oil in a large pot or skillet and saute the onion, garlic for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini, corn, thyme, ground red pepper and oregano and continue to cook until the zucchini is soft, about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the cooked pasta.
- Add the cream and mozzarella cheese and simmer until cheese is just melted.
- Remove from the stove and toss in the fresh green onions, parsley, basil and the crushed red pepper. Serve the pasta warm with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
For more easy dinner ideas check out my What’s for Dinner Pinterest board.