Crock Pot Turkey Meatballs are a healthy and delicious addition to Italian dishes. They also make a great party appetizer!
A blog that I follow, Skinny Taste, has a recipe for slow cooker turkey meatballs that I have been wanting to try. I like using ground turkey for my meatballs and the added bonus of using the slow cooker was very appealing to me—I am always up for a meal that I can throw in the slow cooker, walk away and have it waiting for me when I return.
This slow cooker meatballs recipe is easy and the meatballs turned out great. We had them with fresh ravioli. This Crock Pot Turkey Meatballs recipe makes enough to have leftover meatballs. I kept a few in the fridge to warm up and feed to my toddler and then froze some to use at a later date. Aside from using them for a meal, I think these would even make a yummy appetizer for a holiday party using small toothpicks to serve them and the sauce for dipping.
(Sorry the pictures didn’t turn out great–still waiting on my camera to come back from the shop–I promise they taste delicious.)
Crock Pot Turkey Meatballs
Recipe slightly adapted from Skinny Taste
Here are a couple of items you may need to make this delicious crock pot turkey meatballs recipe:
Note: These are affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links. This helps me keep my kitchen stocked with the ingredients I need to create delicious, healthy recipes for you!
- 20 oz (1.3 lb) ground turkey breast 93% lean
- 1/4 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Reggiano Parmigiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- **For the sauce:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1– 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil or parsley
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. Using clean hands mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs.
- In a small pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden (careful not to burn).
- Pour crushed tomatoes into the crock pot. Add garlic, bay leaf and oil and stir.
- Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and set crock pot to low, 4 to 6 hours.
- When meatballs are ready, adjust salt and pepper to taste and add fresh chopped basil or parsley.
- Serve with Italian bread or over your favorite pasta.
Want more slow cooker recipes? Check out my Slow Cooker Pinterest Board!