Easy Cake Mix Sugar Cookies uses 3 simple ingredients to create the perfect holiday sugar cookie. These make a great base for adding other things to them like sprinkles, icing or candy. Your kids or santa will love these!
EASY CAKE MIX SUGAR COOKIES
Today I am excited to share with you a super simple recipe for Easy Cake Mix Sugar Cookies. These are chewy sugar cookies, which I love. If you have been hanging around here for a while you know I am not much of a baker.
I tend to stick to easy dessert recipes or ones that I have made time and time again. My kids are often helping me make these Loaded Oatmeal Cookies, No-Bake Cookie Recipe Without Milk or these Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies during the holidays.
What I love most about these cookies is they use three simple ingredients: a box of cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil. From there you can add icing or other things like sprinkles or candy pieces.
I would suggest adding the candy or sprinkles to icing to help them stick of add them when the cookies just come out of the oven.
If you want to get more creative you can use a flavored cake mix like lemon, funfetti or red velvet.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THESE EASY SUGAR COOKIES?
CAKE MIX: The nice thing about these cookies is they use one box of cake mix plus two other ingredients. You can’t get easier than that!
They are so easy to make and the cake mix gives them a soft, cake texture which I love. I used the French Vanilla cake mix but you could use any white cake mix.
EGGS: One of the other ingredients you need is eggs. This recipe calls for two large white or brown eggs.
VEGETABLE OIL: The oil is the other ingredient in this recipe. If you don’t have any vegetable oil on hand, you can substitute another neutral high-heat oil. Canola, safflower, peanut or grapeseed oils are all great choices
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE SIMPLE SUGAR COOKIES?
You guys are going to love how simple these are to make. I use this as a base recipe and then ice them, add sprinkles or candy.
In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs and oil for 2 minutes until well combined.
Cover with plastic wrap and place the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Use a cookie scoop to portion out the chilled dough onto your prepared cookie sheets, at least 3″ apart.
Bake for 7-9 minutes, until spread, cracked on top and puffed up. They should not start to brown.
Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
WHAT CAN I ADD TO THESE COOKIES?
Get creative with what you add to your cookies. Here are some ideas:
- Candy like white chocolate chips, M & Ms, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips or any candy you like
- Add icing to your cookies and then you can add candy on top of the icing if you like
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped graham crackers
CAN I FREEZE THIS BASIC SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE?
Let the cookies cool completely and then you can freeze them an airtight container for up to 3 months.
OTHER COOKIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 - 15 ounce box of French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Add-ons like sprinkles, icing or candy
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs and oil for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the chilled dough onto your prepared cookie sheets, at least 3" apart.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until spread, cracked on top and puffed up. They should not start to brown.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.