I love fruit salads and this Fruit Salad with Yogurt Honey Lemon Dressing is no exception!
Well I recently had the opportunity to test out a few of their summer fruit tools as well. When I heard I was going to get to test out these products I was pretty excited. We eat SOO much fruit in my house I knew these tools would come in handy.
For this fruit salad I used the mango splitter, strawberry huller and a fruit scoop and all worked great and made things much easier. I especially loved the strawberry huller.
It is easy to use and helps remove the stems with little effort. You could even use this to remove the stem leaving the strawberry whole and stuff them with something yummy like nutella or cream cheese!
And this mango splitter.
Genius! I have always struggled with mangoes but the mango splitter makes it easy to remove the seed. You basically just hold the mango splitter at the top of the mango and push down and wallah! Remove the skin and chop.
The fruit scoops are great for cantaloupes or watermelons to remove the seeds.
Fruit Salad with Yogurt Honey Lemon Dressing
For this fruit salad I used a variety of fruits but feel free to add or swap fruits out. This makes a big bowl of salad that would be a great addition to a summer BBQ or picnic or just to snack on in the hot months of summer.
The yogurt dressing is made using Greek yogurt but you can use your favorite plain yogurt. I added a little honey and lemon zest for flavor along with chopped mint.
When you make this salad I suggest you wait to add the yogurt dressing until you are ready to eat the salad. Either add it to individual portions as you go or the whole salad if you are going to eat it at a picnic or party.
Fruit Salad with Honey, Lemon Yogurt Sauce
A colorful fruit salad mixed with mint and topped with a honey, lemon yogurt dressing.
- 1/2 cantaloupe, cubed
- 1/2 small watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 mango, cubed
- 8 strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Put all fruit in a large mixing bowl and stir. Add fresh mint and stir.
- In a small mixing bowl combine yogurt, honey and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- When ready to eat the fruit salad you have two choices. You mix the entire yogurt mixture into the fruit salad and serve immediately. If you are not going to be eating the whole fruit salad at once I suggest spooning the yogurt mixture into a cup of fruit and mixing it separately. I noticed once I mixed the yogurt into the fruit salad and saved it until the next day it became watery.
- Enjoy at a picnic, party, with a meal or with granola for breakfast.