Celebrate summer with these protein packed, colorful Mediterranean Beef Kabobs. These kabobs scream summer and are always a hit for your backyard BBQ. Steak and a rainbow of vegetables is marinaded in a Mediterranean inspired sauce and grilled to perfection.
MEDITERRANEAN BEEF KABOBS
I have always been a big fan of kabobs of all sorts, like these Grilled Hawaiian Steak Kabobs and today’s Mediterranean Beef Kabobs. I love that the meat and vegetables all cook on a skewer and create a colorful, protein packed meal. These kabobs uses sirloin steak and a variety of vegetables and marinades them in a Mediterranean inspired sauce.
I am excited to be teaming up with the Ohio Beef Council to celebrate summer and grilling season with you guys. If you head below you will find some very helpful grilling tips for beef. If you follow a few simple rules when grilling beef you will have a deliciously grilled piece of beef for your family.
IS BEEF NUTRITIOUS?
- Beef is packed with essential nutrients that support an active and healthy lifestyle! Beef contains 10 essential nutrients, including B-vitamins and zinc, which give you energy and support a healthy immune system.
- Beef is a great option in the summer months when kids and adults are more active and need that extra protein. Stay fueled this summer by feeding your body high-protein foods, like beef! A 3-oz serving of beef provides 25 grams of protein, which is about ½ of your recommended daily value.
- Add beef to your heart-healthy meal plan! Research has shown that diets with high-quality, lean proteins, like beef, helps lower cholesterol and reduce high blood pressure. A few of my favorite beef recipes are this Mexican Beef Zucchini and these Grilled Beef Kafta Kabobs.
WHAT IS BEEF FARMING LIKE IN OHIO?
- I have visited a few Ohio beef farms in my area of Ohio and they are some of the most passionate, hardworking people I have ever met. There are 17,000 beef farms in Ohio and 98 percent are family-owned and operated. Beef cattle can be found in every Ohio county.
- Ohio’s beef farmers have continued their commitments to producing high-protein beef for families nationwide and supporting Ohioans in-need, especially during these trying times.
- Ohio beef farmers are passionate about taking care of their cattle and the environment while producing nutritious beef for families nationwide. Watch this video to learn how the Clarks and the Hollowells, Ohio beef farming families, ensure that the beef they raise is safe to feed their families – and yours!
- The Ohio beef community includes more than just farmers! Small business owners, community leaders, animal caretakers, nutritionists and environmentalists are all dedicated to producing safe, wholesome beef.
TIPS FOR GRILLING BEEF
- Become a grill master this summer! Follow these simple grilling guidelines to learn approximately how many minutes to grill burgers, steaks and kabobs to achieve the perfect temperature.
- Pro tip: Add irresistible flavor to beef by marinating before grilling! Tender cuts of beef can be marinated for 15 minutes to 2 hours while less tender cuts, such as flank steak, should be marinated for 6-24 hours. Allow ¼ to ½ cup of marinade for every pound of beef, and always marinate beef in the refrigerator, never at room temperature.
- Keep food safety in mind when thawing beef before grilling. Although some say to bring beef to room temperature before grilling, we recommend seasoning beef as soon as it’s taken from the fridge, then putting it right on the grill.
- Remember that beef’s internal temperature will continue to rise even after it is removed from the grill. Use an ovenproof or instant-read thermometer to monitor beef’s doneness and don’t be afraid to turn the temperature down.
- After grilling, allow beef to rest for about five minutes before cutting and serving. This prevents the tasty juices from draining out of the beef and onto your plate.
- Wanting to serve your family a nutritious steak or roast that’s also affordable? Check out these delicious cuts that are budget-friendly!