- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly mix into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Place teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (or until just golden brown). Cool and store in an airtight container (after testing a few of course).
You can substitute the whole wheat for all-purpose and just do 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour if you want.