- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 leek, chopped (only white and light green part)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese,
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion or chives, chopped
- In a pot over medium high heat, add the leeks and onions, cook until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and stir. Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and cauliflower and allow to boil until vegetables are softened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a food processor (or immersion blender), puree until smooth. Stir in milk and spices, return to heat and allow to simmer until thickened to desired consistency.
- Top with your choice of garnish.
The longer you simmer the soup at the end the thicker it will be.