Tomato Basil Mozzarella Popcorn Shrimp Bites are a festive, easy appetizer idea for your next holiday party or get together. These delicious bites are only 4 ingredients and packed with flavor that will impress your guests.
TOMATO BASIL MOZZARELLA POPCORN SHRIMP BITES
Tis the season for holiday parties!
This is the time of year that we get dressed up and get in the festive spirit. With every good holiday party comes a table of delicious, festive appetizers and these Tomato Basil Mozzarella Popcorn Shrimp Bites are the perfect addition. You can add a little red, white and green to your table and impress your guests with a flavor packed, bite sized appetizer.
Tomato Basil Mozzarella Popcorn Shrimp Bites are so easy to prepare which is key when you are putting together a holiday party or get together. You only need four main ingredients: Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese and freshly chopped basil along with crusty bread or crackers for serving. There are two ways you can serve this appetizer–either as a bite sized finger food on crackers or in a skillet on the table with crusty bread or crackers for serving.
Today I am celebrating the holidays with Gorton’s Seafood and bringing you these festive, easy Tomato Basil Mozzarella Popcorn Shrimp Bites using their sustainably sourced shrimp. Their seafood is the perfect base for so many easy holiday appetizers featuring their Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp, Popcorn Shrimp, or Beer Battered Shrimp products. Shrimp is one of my favorite types of seafood to use when creating holiday appetizers, which are always a hit!
I don’t know about you, but I am such an appetizer and finger food girl at parties. These little bite sized shrimp bites are the perfect compliment to a table of dips and appetizers. If you love Italian dishes that features tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil then this is a must try.
To be completely honest I don’t only make this skillet of shrimp deliciousness for the holidays… I have been known to bake this warm, gooey, cheesy appetizer for game day or even an evening meal over pasta.
Tomato Basil Mozzarella Popcorn Shrimp Bites
- 1 - 14 oz. package Gorton's Popcorn Shrimp
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced thin
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, cherry size, sliced in half
- Arrange the two racks in the oven so there is one in the middle and one on the bottom. Cook the popcorn shrimp according to the package on the middle rack.
- While the shrimp cook pour the tomato sauce into a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet. Sprinkle the fresh basil and place the mozzarella slices evenly around the skillet. When the shrimp have 10 minutes left to cook put the skillet with the tomato sauce on the bottom rack of the oven. Let the tomato sauce cook while the shrimp finish cooking. Remove the shrimp and the sauce from the oven.
- There are two ways to present this appetizer:
- 1} You can add the popcorn shrimp into the skillet after everything is done cooking and serve it with crusty bread or crackers.
- 2} You can create a bite sized appetizer by using crackers or bread, spread sauce on each cracker, following by a piece of mozzarella and then placing a popcorn shrimp on top.
- Garnish both options with fresh basil.
You can even serve this with pasta to make it an entree.
If you like extra cheese sprinkle with parmesan cheese once it is done cooking.
Today’s post is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. As always, opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make A Cedar Spoon possible.