Vegetable Bulgar Salad With Minted Yogurt Dressing is a healthy salad of vegetables, fresh parsley, bulgar wheat and a mint yogurt dressing. This salad is great for lunches or to bring to a picnic or party.
I hope you had a fun, warm Memorial Day weekend!
We had beautiful weather in Chicago this past weekend so we put my garden in. Mike made me a raised bed garden which I have been wanting for some time. I bought all kinds of peppers, tomatoes, herbs, cucumbers, squash and lettuce. Will helped me plant everything & he is getting excited to help me take care of it and watch everything grow! Fresh, home grown produce here we come!
Speaking of fresh produce today’s Vegetable Bulgar Salad with Minted Yogurt Dressing is packed full of fresh crunchy vegetables and topped with a creamy mint yogurt dressing. Tabbouleh was my inspiration for this salad which also uses bulgar wheat, fresh parsley and chopped tomatoes.
A few weeks ago my friends at Stonyfield Organic and Bob’s Red Mill sent me a fun package filled with grains including Amaranth, Bulgar, Grande Whole Grains Blend, Farro and Sorghum. Grains pair perfectly with vegetables in salads and offer health benefits like protein, fiber and iron. I like that they add texture and keep me feeling full after I eat the salad.
This salad is very customizable and you can use whatever vegetables you fancy. I think this salad tastes better at room temperature so I suggest removing it from the refrigerator thirty minutes before serving. This salad tastes great for a few days so you can make it and have it for your weekly lunches if you want.Print
Vegetable Bulgar Salad With Minted Yogurt Dressing is a healthy salad of vegetables, bulgar wheat and a mint yogurt dressing. This salad is great for lunches or to bring to a picnic or party.
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup low fat plain Stonyfield yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced ( about 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad:
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed, diced (1 cup)
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped (or 2 mini cucumbers)
- 1/4 red pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup curly parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put 1 cup bulgar in a medium mixing bowl with 1 cup boiling water. Let sit for one hour.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together low fat plain yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, fresh mint, cumin, honey and salt and pepper. Cover and put in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the bulgur with the tomatoes, celery, cucumber, red pepper, green onions and parsley. Add yogurt dressing and mix well. Cover and chill.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove the salad from refrigeration and garnish with fresh parsley.
Disclaimer: I am honored to be a member of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club. I received product or coupons for writing this post, but all opinions are my own. I only share products and brands I truly care about and use.