Air Fryer Salmon Bites are a delicious and healthy option for a quick and easy weeknight meal. The air fryer cooks the salmon perfectly, giving it a crispy outside and a tender inside without deep frying it. You can add whatever spices or sauces you like on the salmon!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
AIR FRYER SALMON BITES
My kids love salmon and it is one seafood I can make week after week that my whole family will eat.
I love that it is healthy, a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health.
My favorite way to make salmon is in the air fryer.
The air fryer cooks the salmon to perfection, giving it a crispy outside and a tender inside.
Air fryer recipes are some of my favorite and get made weekly in my house and is an easy way to make salmon.
You might have tried my Air Fryer Salmon which is a recipe I make time and time again.
Today’s recipe for Air Fryer Salmon Bites are similar but instead of cooking the salmon in a filet you cut it into 1 inch salmon chunks and cook them.
It creates tender salmon bites with a crispy outer layer. The perfect quick meal.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN AIR FRYER SALMON NUGGETS?
These crispy salmon bites can be made with simple ingredients.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
SALT & PEPPER
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS AIR FRYER SALMON BITES RECIPE
REMOVE SKIN & CHOP: Remove salmon skin using a sharp knife and discard the skin.
Then, chop salmon filets into 1’’ salmon cubes. Set them aside.
MIX THE SAUCE: In a small bowl mix the teriyaki sauce, olive oil, honey, soy sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder.
Use paper towel to pat dry the salmon then, coat salmon bites with it.
Note: If you double the sauce, you can serve it as a dressing.
COOK THE SALMON: Cook for six to eight minutes or until bites is cooked through. Turning them over is optional.
Serve with sesame seeds, crushred red pepper and green onions.
You can serve soy sauce alongside the salmon for a dipping sauce.
Sometimes I will serve with lemon slices or lime slices to add a touch of lemon juice or lime juice to the salmon
Store the leftover salmon in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can reheat the salmon in the air fryer.
WHAT IS AIR FRY COOKING?
A lot of people might be wondering how an air fryer works.
It is similar to an amped-up countertop convection oven.
Its compact space promotes even faster cooking.
The top of the unit holds a heating mechanism and a fan.
Hot air rushes down and around the food in the air fryer basket. The rapid air circulation helps crisp up food.
A lot of people compare it to deep frying food but much, much healthier!
It also requires very little clean-up.
OTHER SEAFOOD RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 lb. salmon filet, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps. teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Crushed red pepper for garnish
- Green onions, diced for garnish
- Remove salmon skin using a sharp blade and discard. Then, chop salmon filets into 1’’ cubes. Set them aside.
- Mix teriyaki sauce, olive oil, honey, soy sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder.
- Then, coat salmon bites with it. Note: If you double the sauce, you can serve it as a dressing.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 350F, then arrange salmon pieces inside without overlapping them.
- Cook for six to eight minutes or until bites is cooked through. Turning them over is optional.
- Serve with sesame seeds, crushred red pepper and green onions. You can serve soy sauce alongside the salmon for dipping.
This is a great recipe to meal prep for the week. Cooked Salmon lasts three to four days in the fridge. Keep leftovers covered.