Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delicious chewy sweet treat mixing oatmeal and chocolate chips.
Good Morning guys!
I am in the home stretch! The baby is full term and I am approaching 39 weeks.
Time flew by in some ways but went oh. so. slow in other ways. This winter has been pretty interesting -the weather has been rough and then you couple that with me being 9 months pregnant and you have some craziness. Last week started with my whole family catching the stomach flu and ended with me falling on ice and spending some time in the hospital. Luckily the baby was fine and I just had baseballs for knees and was pretty shaken up.
But here we are. One week left and as I look back at this pregnancy I realize how different it was from the first. With my son, Will, I was 9 months pregnant in August when it was 100 degrees out, and with this pregnancy in the winter when it was -40 and we were experiencing the “polar vortex.” I craved watermelon, olives, pickles and mac & cheese with Will and pizza, pancakes and cookies with this baby. Yup. Stereotypical pregnant girl! 🙂
That brings me to today’s Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They always have been my favorite cookie!
Last year I shared my Mom’s Loaded Oatmeal Cookies. Do you remember? Well if you don’t you should stop over and check them out. They were very popular in my house and got rave reviews for those that were lucky enough to get a few to try. My Mom was one of those Mom’s that always had homemade cookies in the cookie jar and oatmeal were by far my weakness.
Today’s cookie is adapted from that recipe but instead of all the fixings like those cookies had (coconut, dried cranberries, chocolate chips and raisins) these just have chocolate chips. Yes, I said “just” and “chocolate chips” in the same sentence. Like they aren’t satisfying enough? 😉
Now go make these cookies and you can thank my pregnancy cravings later!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!Print
Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are made a little bit healthier using whole wheat flour. You will love the chewy oatmeal and the warm chocolate as you take a bite of these.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 2 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack and then store in airtight container.
Adapted from these Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
For more sweets, cookies and treats check out my Sweet Tooth Pinterest Board!