Hey there guys! Spring has finally arrived in Chicago–well at least for a day. It is supposed to be 56 degrees here today which means I am going to get out of this house and take a nice long walk. After two months of hibernating with a newborn I am ready! Do you have any exciting plans this weekend? One of my best friends is having a baby and her baby shower is this weekend in Michigan. I am excited to celebrate the arrival of her little one in a couple short months.
Today I am so excited to have Alaina from Fabtastic Eats here to share her Chicken, Nectarine, and Gorgonzola salad with you guys! You know how much I love salads so I was excited to see this spring inspired, healthy salad!It has been so fun to introduce you guys to some of my favorite food bloggers over the past couple of months and Alaina is definitely a favorite. She has a beautiful blog sharing some mouth watering recipes like these Roasted Garlic, Rosemary and Cheddar Stuffed Pretzels (OH MY!), and these Cinnamon Whipped Feta and Honey Drizzled Apple Crostini or these Pineapple Coconut Tacos with Mango Salsa and Toasted Coconut. I just love the flavors and combinations she comes up with. She also shares a lot of really yummy cocktails for all of your happy hour needs!
Hi Friends! I’m Alaina and I blog at Fabtastic Eats about a little bit of everything, from breakfasts and snacks, to cocktails and desserts, and everything in between! I’m so excited to be guest posting over here today! Julia deserves every minute she can get with her sweet kids! A little over a year ago, I had a new baby, (I can’t believe it’s been over a year already!), and added to our family. With a newborn and toddler running around, I know how busy and exhausting it can get! (Even though it’s worth every second!) I always appreciated any help I could get, and I’m so happy to be able to pay it forward! Plus I get to share this fantastic salad with you all!
Yesterday was the first day of Spring! Woohoo! I can almost smell the fresh cut grass and flowers blooming! With Spring, comes some of the freshest, most amazing fruits and vegetables. This is my favorite time of year to eat salads…the variety!
This Chicken, Nectarine, and Gorgonzola salad has so many great flavors in such an easy, quick, and simple salad! This takes less than 30 minutes to put together and will fill you right up! It’s healthy, refreshing, and a great weeknight meal or lunch.
The chicken has just a hint of spice to it, the nectarine isn’t fully ripe yet, so it adds a cool, crisp bite, the Gorgonzola adds a creamy, distinctive flavor, and the honey roasted pecans add a sweet crunch to the salad! The tang and nuttiness of the dressing just takes it over the top!
When you need a quick meal, or healthy lunch…this salad comes together in a flash and will not disappoint! (Perfect for new moms! 😉 ) And all of us on the go!
Congrats again to Julia and her beautiful family, and thank you for letting me guest post on your blog!Print
- For the Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- For the Salad:
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 (almost ripe) Nectarines, quartered
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup honey roasted pecans
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, about 8 cups roughly shredded
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together the hazelnut and olive oils, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Set Aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the two chicken breasts, fat cut off, with the salt, pepper, and cayenne on both sides.
- Place them in the skillet and brown each side for about two minutes, before turning the heat down to medium, covering the pan, and allow them to cook all the way though, about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken are cooking, cut your nectarines into chunks.
- Cut and rinse your lettuce, and crumble your Gorgonzola.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the heat and let it set for about five minutes before slicing it into pieces.
- Assemble your salad, with the romaine, nectarines, Gorgonzola, pecans, and chicken. Drizzle with dressing and Enjoy!
If you liked this tasty and healthy salad, check out these ones! Summer Quinoa Salad, Blueberry and Nectarine Salad and Blackened Chicken and Mango Salad with a Creamy Avocado Dressing