These Moroccan Chicken Thighs are tender, rich with flavor and simple to make. Chicken thighs, carrots, onions and diced tomatoes are cooked in Moroccan spices creating a meal that will spice up any night of the week.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN THIGHS
Do you have those favorite recipes you keep coming back to?
Time and time again you make that one chicken dish, or that one particular soup. In my house we definitely have favorites and those tried and true recipes that get made over and over again. Today’s Moroccan Chicken Thighs are inspired by one of my favorite soups, a Moroccan Carrot Red Lentil Soup, that has actually become a reader favorite as well.
I often take the flavors of one recipe that I love and use them in a different type of recipe, because I know those flavors work well together. For these Moroccan Chicken Thighs I use the spice blend from the soup as the rub for the chicken thighs. If you like your food to be flavorful and packed with rich spices, then today’s recipe is for you.
The Moroccan spice blend includes ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon and crushed red pepper flakes. Rub the chicken thighs with the spice mixture and cook them with carrots, onion, diced tomatoes, chicken broth and lemon juice.
This recipe is simple to make, gives you a dose of vegetables, protein and pairs perfectly with your favorite grain, like brown rice, and a simple side salad. My kids went crazy for this dish and asked for seconds. If your kids don’t like a lot of spice on their food then I suggest you just skip the cayenne red pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS CHICKEN THIGH RECIPE?
- CHICKEN THIGHS: The main stars of this dish are those tender Just BARE® Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs . My love for chicken thighs runs deep. These chicken thighs are boneless and skinless, meaning you don’t have to do any prep on these beauties, they are ready to go right out of the package.
- OLIVES: I love the olives in this dish. They help add a saltiness to the dish and some great flavor. I used green olives. You can use whatever you like or leave them out if you don’t like them.
- FIGS: The figs in this recipe add a nice touch of sweetness and are delicious when warmed.
- VEGETABLES: I like to use carrots and onions in this dish but you can easily add any vegetables you have on hand. Try cauliflower, broccoli, green beans or zucchini.
- LEMON JUICE: The lemon juice and slices of lemon bring a lot of lemon to this dish. If you would prefer less lemon leave the lemon slices out.
- SPICES: I adore the spices in this dish. It uses coriander, cumin, turmeric, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon and crushed red pepper flakes.
WHAT CAN I PAIR WITH MY CHICKEN THIGHS?
For the Moroccan spice blend:
For the Moroccan chicken thighs: