Cucumber Tomato Salad with Dill Yogurt Dressing is an easy dish to put together that you can bring a BBQ or picnic. The crunchy cucumber, red onion and fresh tomatoes pair nicely with the feta cheese and creamy dill yogurt dressing.
I just got back from a fun filled weekend away in Miami for BlogHer Food conference with my good friend Jess from Stuck On Sweet! It was our first food blogging conference and we both had a blast, met a lot of great people and learned a lot.
The trip started with a flight in to Miami and this view of the sunset…
Our weekend was filled with warm weather and sun, learning, networking and meeting other food bloggers in person. This was the perfect chance to connect and get to know each other better.
Now on to today’s recipe which I am excited to be partnering with Stonyfield Organic to share with you : Cucumber Tomato Salad with Dill Yogurt Dressing. I was lucky enough to become a Clean Plate Club Member with Stonyfield recently and met their wonderful team at BlogHer. For those that know me I am a yogurt fanatic so it is a perfect pairing! 🙂
If you are a yogurt fan like I am then you know that yogurt can be used in so many ways–I always have plain, greek and flavored in my fridge. In the Lebanese culture, or at least in my family, we use plain yogurt to top or dip with almost anything! We dip our pita bread, kibbeh, grape leaves in it. You name it we probably put yogurt on it.
Salads have always been one type of dish that I use yogurt in, especially as a salad dressing. By using yogurt in a dressing you know you are getting extra calcium and the dressing is probably healthy. Today’s recipe is perfect to bring to a picnic because it travels easily and feeds a group.
For the salad:
- 1 cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 1 cup low fat yogurt (such as Stonyfield)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine cucumber, tomato, red onion and feta cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, fresh dill, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the yogurt dressing into the salad and mix well. Taste and adjust to taste.
- Garnish with fresh dill.