Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the “#SoyInspired for Thanksgiving” campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time. As always opinions are 100% my own.
Edamame Chickpea Feta Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing is a fresh, nutritious salad of edamame, chickpeas, feta, cucumber and red peppers topped with fresh parsley and a creamy lemon tahini dressing. A colorful and uinque addition to your Thanksgiving table.
Thanksgiving is in five days so you better get those stretchy pants out!
While Thanksgiving involves a lot of comforting foods that are heavy (and don’t get me wrong delicious) it is also about trying a few “lighter” recipes that might excite your guests. Since I am a salad lover I wanted to share this Edamame Chickpea Feta Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing, a typical salad that I would include at our Thanksgiving table.
It is packed full of protein from the edamame and chickpeas and plenty of vegetables. The creamy lemon tahini dressing takes the salad to the next level and is complimented by the crumbled feta cheese.
Not only does this salad offer a lot of flavor and nutrition, I also happen to think it is rather pretty and would brighten up any Thanksgiving table.
The star of today’s salad is the edamame. Edamame is a favorite in my house, especially with my son Will. I buy the edamame already shelled because it is easier for Will to eat and doesn’t require him to de-shell it.
The nice thing about edamame is that you can boil it in under 5 minutes, throw a little salt on it and enjoy as a snack or alongside your meal. Edamame (soy) is an excellent source of lean, healthy, no-cholesterol protein and since it doesn’t have a dominating flavors it pairs wonderfully with the other ingredients in a salad like this.
The Lemon Tahini Dressing is so good you might want to make extra and drizzle it over other salads or on your leftover turkey.
- 6.5 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1/2 of a 15oz can)
- 1 1/2 cups edamame, shelled and cooked
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 english cucumber, seeds removed, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons water (more or less depending on the texture of the dressing you want)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine chickpeas through the feta cheese and combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender blend together the ingredients for the lemon tahini dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine and serve.
Use more or less water in the dressing depending on how thin you want the dressing to be.