Honey Glazed Carrots make a great side dish during the week or an addition to your Thanksgiving meal. Carrots are cooked with butter, vegetable broth and finished off with a glaze of honey and fresh flat leaf Italian parsley making them sweet and flavorful.
Sorry today’s post is not more festive but things have been completely crazy around here with the move.
I haven’t had a lot of free time to do fun recipes so as a result a lot of what I am sharing are recipes I am making for my family already.
Luckily in between the craziness we have made it outside to enjoy the nice fall weather.
Andrew loves playing with the leaves!
This recipe for Honey Glazed Carrots is one of my family’s favorite ways to eat carrots and a go to recipe when I am struggling to get dinner on the table.
Both of my children gobble these up and go back for more.
I really like the sweet flavor that the honey adds along with the fresh flat leaf Italian parsley.
In this recipe I start by sautéing the carrots in a small amount of butter which helps add flavor and then I cook the carrots the rest of the way in a vegetable broth.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN HONEY GLAZED CARROTS?
1 pound of carrots, peeled and cut into coin sized rounds
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup vegetable both (or chicken broth)
1 Tablespoon honey
Small bunch of Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
WHAT SHOULD I PAIR HONEY GLAZED CARROTS WITH?
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into coin sized rounds
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable both (or chicken broth)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Small bunch of Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a medium sized pan heat the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the carrots to the butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn heat to medium and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and let almost all of the liquid cook off.
- Remove from heat and mix in the honey and parsley. Serve warm on a platter.
I like my carrots to have a little juice from the broth to mix with the honey and create a nice coating. If you prefer less broth then take the vegetable broth down to 1/4 cup.