Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops are one of those simple pork chop recipes that will make your mouth water. Parmesan coated pork chops are cooked in a skillet, before being topped with a delicious marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and baked in the oven. This is great recipe any night of the week and a dish that is sure to be a hit with all your family.
PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK CHOPS
When is comes to easy weeknight meals my Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops with tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese is hard to beat.
I love the juicy pork chop paired with the rich tomato sauce and melted, gooey cheese so much.
My skillet pork chops recipe are simple to make.
They takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook resulting in juicy and delicious pork chops.
This whole dish can be on the table in 20 minutes, now that’s a winning dish any day of the week, but particularly those busy nights we all have through the week.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK CHOPS?
PORK CHOPS: You can use either boneless or bone-in pork chops as both will work in this dish.
PARMESAN COATING: The chops are coated in a combination of Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and flavored with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
OIL: I like to saute the pork chops in olive oil, but you can substitute any light flavored vegetable oil.
MARINARA SAUCE: A cup of sauce tops the Parmesan crusted pork chops. You can buy any store bought marinara sauce. Or how about making your own sauce, that way you know there are no added preservatives. Try my Crock Pot Marinara Sauce and you’ll see just how easy it is to make at home.
MOZZARELLA: The chops are finished with a covering of shredded mozzarella cheese before being baked in the oven to form a gooey, cheesy topping on the chops.
HOW TO COOK PARMESAN PORK CHOPS:
PREHEAT THE OVEN. Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
PREPARE THE PORK CHOPS. Now season the pork chops with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, Italian seasonings and garlic powder.
Dip the pork chop into the breadcrumb mixture and press down to ensure that it’s well coated on both sides.
SEAR THE CHOPS. First, heat the oil in an oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat.
Sear the pork chop for around 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Turn off the heat.
BAKED THE CHOPS. Now add ¼ cup of marinara sauce on top of each pork chop, then finish each pork chop with ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese.
Place the skillet into the oven and bake the chops for 6-8 minutes in the oven until the sauce is warmed through and the cheese has melted.
SERVE THE CHOPS. When ready to serve, top the chops with freshly chopped parsley and serve with spaghetti.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER PARMESAN PORK CHOPS?
Once cooked, allow the chops to cool down, then place into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
HOW TO FREEZE PARMESAN PORK CHOPS?
Again, allow the chops to cool down, place in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
When ready to eat, remove the chops from the freezer and defrost thoroughly in the refrigerator before heating up in a hot oven.
HOW DO YOU STOP PORK CHOPS FROM DRYING OUT?
Pork chops are a great cut of meat, but they can dry out if they are cooked too long in a skillet.
Instead, I like to sauté my pork chops in the skillet until golden brown on both sides. I then top the chops with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese before baking them in the oven.
The rich tomato sauce, and opting to bake them in the oven, results is deliciously moist and tender pork every time. You should always rest the pork chops for 5 minutes once they come out of the oven.
RECIPE HINTS & TIPS:
- Pork chops become dry out and become tough when overcooked. Only cook the chops until they reach in internal temperature of 145F, this way you avoid chewy pork.
- Always rest the chops for 5 minutes after coming out of the oven. This will allow the cooking juices to go back into the meat, resulting in tender, moist pork.
- PORK – I have used pork chops in this recipe, but you can swap the pork chops for pork tenderloin (pork filet) too. Don’t limit yourself to pork, as this recipe would work equally well with chicken thighs and chicken breast too.
- SPICES – I like to use garlic powder and Italian seasoning, but you could also add in some smoked paprika, onion powder or some dried oregano.
WHAT SIDES GO WITH PARMESAN PORK CHOPS?
TRY SOME OF THESE OTHER GREAT TASTING PORK RECIPES:
- 4 pork chops, boneless or bone-in
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, powder or grated
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season pork chop with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, mix parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, Italian seasonings and garlic powder.
- Dip pork chop in the breadcrumb mixture and make sure that it’s well coated on both sides.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat. Cook pork chop on each side for about 2 minutes. Until golden brown. Switch off the heat.
- Add 1/4 cup marinara sauce on each pork chop then top each pork chop with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 6-8 minutes in the oven until the sauce is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
How to store leftovers: Allow to cool down. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How to freeze: Allow to cool down and freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 month.