Spiced Honey Lime Grilled Chicken have just the right amount of sweetness and spice. Grill these for your BBQ or 4th of July party and let your guests enjoy just the right amount of moistness on the inside and crispy grilled skin.
Grilling season is in full swing and 4th of July is fast approaching. Today’s recipe for Spiced Honey Lime Grilled Chicken is one of our favorite go-to grilling recipes and pairs wonderfully with CK Mondavi’s Blonde Five wine. If you are looking for a wine for the 4th of July CK Mondavi is 100% American made & grown and a percentage of each bottle sold between May – August is donated to Intrepid Fallen Heroes (up to $50,00).
Blonde Five is light and perfect for hot weather, summer sipping with aromas of honeysuckle and pear. Luscious favors of baked apple, honey and lemon zest give this ‘blonde’ a refreshing finish on the palate. I thought this wine paired perfectly with the spice and sweetness of this Spiced Honey Lime Grilled Chicken. When we grill we like to sip on a little something and a light, fruity white wine is always a good choice.
Not only is this recipe easy to make and throw on the grill but it can be doubled or tripled to feed a large group! We use the bone-in chicken breasts because we like the way they turn out when grilled. The inside of the chicken breasts always stays moist and flavorful while the outside gets a nice crispy skin.
I especially like the honey in this marinade and the rich sweetness that it adds paired with the spices and the lime juice. As you get your 4th of July menu ready this would be a great main dish to serve along with your pasta and potato salads, grilled vegetables and of course a glass or two of wine.
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a large ziplock bag place the chicken.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients to create the marinade. Pour the marinade over the chicken into the Ziploc bag. Massage the marinade into the chicken until well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but overnight is ideal.
- Grill the chicken breasts, brushing the leftover marinade over the chicken breasts as it cooks. You need to reach an internal temperature on 165 degrees F. (74 degrees C.). Check all the pieces of chicken to be certain that they are cooked.
- Once done remove from the grill and cover and allow to rest for about 5 minutes then serve.
Bone-in chicken breasts take longer than boneless chicken breasts to grill. It took us about 40 minutes total.
CK Mondavi is run by the legendary Napa Valley wine icon, Peter Mondavi Sr., a World War II veteran. A percentage of each bottle sold between May-August is donated to Intrepid Fallen Heroes (up to $50,000). Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund (IFHF), an organization that supports the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.