Apple Crisp is a sweet dessert mixing fresh apples, a delicious crunchy topping and all the warm, cozy spices of fall. Your family will love this recipe!
Apples are a favorite in my house.
Apple Crisp Recipe
In the fall we try to go apple picking at least once and stock up (and as you can see my son likes to sneak a few in for himself). I love the smell of fall air as you pick apples, drink apple cider and enjoy fall. This year after we went apple picking my son was eating between one and two apples a day. I can’t complain—he definitely got his share of Vitamin C.
This year I made all kinds of things with the apples we picked including Slow Cooker Applesauce, Zucchini Applesauce Bread, and this Apple Crisp. Apples are such a versatile fruit that can be used in so many ways but I have to say there is no better way than in a dessert, like apple crisp. I usually make this once or twice a year and we have it as a treat with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The smell that will fill your house while the Apple Crisp is baking is heavenly. Who needs a fall scented candle, right?Print
A sweet fall dessert–apple crisp is a great treat served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
- Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and oats in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut in the butter and then sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes