Lighten up your lunch or dinner routine with this delicious Greek Pizza. Your favorite Greek inspired flavors of feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and arugula, are combined on a pizza for a healthy and delicious meal. This recipe takes your favorite Greek salad and adds it to pre-made pizza dough for an easy meal full of colorful ingredients.
I love pizza and always serve it with a salad alongside.
This Greek Pizza combines both, taking my favorite Greek Salad and topping a pizza with it.
For ease when I’m making this pizza, I like to use a pre-made pizza dough with a drizzle of Heinen’s olive oil and a sprinkle of dried oregano.
Once you have your pre-made dough all you need to do is add the mozzarella cheese and top with Heinen’s sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta cheese. Bake the pizza until it is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
When you are ready to serve your Mediterranean style pizza, top it with a Greek salad that mixes arugula, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and red onion tossed in a balsamic Greek dressing.
I have chosen to top this pizza with a Greek salad, making this a perfect meal in one.
You can take this pizza to the next level with a balsamic glaze; fresh herbs like parsley, mint or dill; add spices like crushed red pepper; or top with artichokes or pepperoncinis.
My recipe for this Greek Salad Pizza is so versatile, you can top it exactly how you like it. If you are a fan of Greek Salad you have to try this Village Greek Salad, Greek Tabbouleh, Grilled Chicken Greek Salad, Greek Chickpea Salad or this Spiralized Greek Style Salad.
GREEK PIZZA INGREDIENTS
DOUGH: For ease, I use 1 pound of pre-made pizza dough. You should be able to find this in most stores or use your favorite crust.
OIL: Olive oil is always my oil of choice for its flavor. I’ve used Heinen’s olive oil on the pizza and also in the Greek salad dressing.
HERBS: I use dried oregano in both the pizza and salad dressing. I also use fresh parsley to garnish the pizza.
CHEESE: I use both shredded mozzarella and feta cheese to top the pizza.
PIZZA TOPPINGS: I top the pizza base with kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
GREEK SALAD: My Greek salad combines arugula with cucumber, cherry tomatoes and red onion.
GREEK DRESSING: For the salad dressing I combine olive oil with balsamic vinegar and some fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano and season with salt and black pepper.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK PIZZA
PREPARE THE PIZZA DOUGH. Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then roll the pizza dough out on a cutting board and shape into a round pizza. Place the pizza dough on a baking tray and brush with the olive oil.
TOP THE PIZZA. Next drizzle the olive oil over the dough then sprinkle the dried oregano over the olive oil.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pizza and top with the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
BAKE THE PIZZA. Place the tray into the hot oven and bake the pizzas individually until the crust is golden and the cheese is golden and bubbly. This will take about 10 minutes (the time will be significantly less if you’re using a baking stone).
MAKE THE GREEK SALAD. While the pizza cooks combine the arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, 1/2 cup of feta cheese and red onion in a medium mixing bowl.
DRESS THE SALAD. In a mason jar combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper and whisk until mixed. Toss the arugula salad mixture in 2 tablespoons of Greek dressing and toss. Add more dressing as needed.
FINISH THE PIZZA. Once the pizza has cooked, transfer to a cutting board and top with the Greek salad.
Sprinkle over some dried oregano and crushed red pepper. You can also drizzle with a balsamic glaze for extra flavor. Serve and enjoy!
RECIPE TIPS & MODIFICATIONS
- PLAY WITH THE INGREDIENTS: You can add a variety of other ingredients like artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, chickpeas, goat cheese, fresh herbs and spinach.
- ADD SOME HUMMUS: try using hummus as the “sauce” on the pizza.
- MEAT: a slice or two of prosciutto would work on this pizza too.
- USE A PIZZA STONE: If you have a pizza stone, then use it as it will significantly cut down on the cooking time.
- HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER PIZZA? Once cooked and cooled, cover the pizza and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can enjoy hot or cold, but if you would like to heat the pizza up, place it on a tray in a hot oven until it has warmed through.
- FEED A CROWD: This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled if you are feeding a crowd.
TRY SOME OF MY FAVORITE PIZZA RECIPES
- 1 pound pre-made pizza dough
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup feta cheese, divided
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Oregano and crushed red pepper flakes for for garnish
- Fresh parsley for garnish
FOR THE GREEK DRESSING
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the dough on a cutting board and shape into a round pizza.
- Place the pizza dough on a baking tray and brush with the olive oil.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the dough then sprinkle the oregano over the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pizza.
- Top with the olives, sundried tomatoes and 1/2 cup feta cheese.
- Bake pizzas individually until the crust is golden and the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes (the time will be significantly less if you’re using a baking stone).
- While the pizza cooks combine the arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, 1/2 cup of feta cheese and red onion in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a mason jar mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper and whisk until mixed. Toss the arugula salad mixture in 2 tbsps. Greek dressing and toss. Add more dressing as needed.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and top with the Greek salad.
- Sprinkle oregano and crushed red pepper on the pizza. You can also drizzle with a balsamic glaze for extra flavor. Serve and enjoy!
You can add a variety of other ingredients like artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, chickpeas, goat cheese, fresh herbs and spinach.
Try using hummus as the "sauce" on the pizza.