If you crave the flavors of Indian food you need to add this Slow Cooker Butter Chicken to your menu. Just BARE® Chicken Breasts are slow cooked in a warm, flavorful sauce and served over basmati rice with cilantro and a side of naan bread.
SLOW COOKER BUTTER CHICKEN
There is something about Indian inspired dishes that warm me up this time of year.
I feel satisfied and happy after I eat a meal rich in spices and flavors, and today’s Slow Cooker Butter Chicken is no exception. I have been wanting to share a butter chicken recipe with you guys and am excited to finally have perfected my version to warm you guys up in the cooler months.
Today’s recipe for Slow Cooker Butter Chicken uses my favorite boneless, skinless chicken breasts from Just BARE Chicken that are slow cooked in a sauce made using coconut milk and tomato paste along with a combination of garam masala, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, chili powder and cayenne pepper. I enjoy pairing this meal with rice, Curry Roasted Cauliflower and naan bread. It is one of those meals that you can put in the crockpot before work, go about your day and have a mouthwatering meal waiting for you when you return home.
When it comes to slow cooking chicken I love using Just BARE Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. They are already trimmed and ready to go into your slow cooker, making your job easy. When you make this Slow Cooker Butter Chicken make sure you cut the chicken into large chunks so the chicken doesn’t dry out in the cooking process.
Another thing that I love about Just BARE Chicken is that they offer a variety of Natural and Organic products. Every package of Just BARE chicken has no antibiotics ever, no added hormones*, no animal by-products (vegetable and grain fed), and no artificial additives. You can feel good about feeding their chicken to your family.
Do you want to know where to buy it? Check out their ‘Where to Buy’ page! (Just BARE is also available on amazonfresh.com in select markets!)
WHAT MAKES BUTTER CHICKEN SO GOOD?
- In my opinion, the spices are everything. The combination of these spices creates an explosion of flavor when you take a bite of this chicken.
- The chicken cooks low and slow in the sauce which helps infuse those flavors into every bite. I don’t know about you but this is just another reason to love my crockpot.
- The butter helps create the savory, rich flavor that we all love in butter chicken. I have made this dish without the butter to see how I liked it, and it was still good. But if I had to choose, butter all the way. A little butter never hurt anyone, right?
WHAT OTHER GOODIES CAN I ADD TO THIS BUTTER CHICKEN?
- Try adding vegetables to the slow cooker half way through cooking. Try chopped cauliflower, carrots and bell pepper.
- I like to add a dollop of plain yogurt to my butter chicken. It also helps thicken up the sauce.
- Another great addition to this meal is chickpeas or white beans.
While the butter does add a savory flavor to the chicken, it still tastes great without it if you want a lighter version. You can use coconut oil in place of the butter. Feel free to add vegetables to this dish. I really like adding chopped cauliflower and carrots, which you can add when you add the chicken to the slow cooker.
For the Butter Chicken
While the butter does add a savory flavor to the chicken, it still tastes great without it if you want a lighter version.
You can use coconut oil in place of the butter.
Feel free to add vegetables to this dish. I really like adding chopped cauliflower and carrots, which you can add when you add the chicken to the slow cooker.
*Federal regulation prohibits the use of hormones in poultry.
Today’s post is sponsored by Just BARE Chicken. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that allow me to create new recipes.