Curry Roasted Cauliflower is roasted with olive oil, curry and red pepper and topped with fresh cilantro to create a tender, flavorful side dish. A great way to mix up your weekly side dish routine.
Today we are talking about this Curry Roasted Cauliflower. A whole lot of yum… But first things first. How was everyone’s Halloween?
In Chicago it was bone chilling cold but we still braved the weather for the love of the candy, right? Ninja Will just had to get some trick of treating in and our poor little giraffe was less than thrilled since he can’t even partake in the trick or treating or candy eating! 😉
Ok enough costumes and on to today’s recipe for Curry Roasted Cauliflower.
I love roasting cauliflower. It brings out the sweet flavor and helps soften it nicely but also gives the edges a crispy texture. When you coat the cauliflower with the olive oil, curry and red pepper it creates a warm, spicy flavor that really packs a punch and gives it that rich yellow color.
When you are done roasting the cauliflower garnish with a lot of freshly chopped cilantro. There is something so right about warm curry flavors paired with fresh cilantro.
While Curry Roasted Cauliflower makes a great side dish you can also add this to a stir fry or pair it with grilled chicken over a bed of rice, quinoa or couscous.Print
Curry Roasted Cauliflower is coated in olive oil, curry and red pepper to create a tender, flavorful side dish and topped with fresh cilantro.
- 1 head cauliflower (approx. 2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of pepper
- Fresh cilantro for garnish, chopped
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl break the cauliflower into small florets and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, spices and salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the cauliflower and use tongs to stir until all of the cauliflower is coated.
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes stirring occasionally or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
You can garnish with parsley instead of cilantro.
For more side dish ideas check out my On the Side Pinterest board.