This delicious Greek Quinoa Salad is packed with all your favorite traditional Greek salad flavors with a healthy quinoa twist!
Greek Quinoa Salad
I have a confession!
I am addicted to Greek Salad, and Greek food, and Avgolemono soup, but Greek Salad tops it all. I usually just eat the traditional Greek Salad of chopped vegetables, feta, olives, pepperoncinis and the delicious vinaigrette they put on it.
While it isn’t the same as my favorite traditional salad I still really liked it. Especially because it has quinoa, a healthy grain, in it.
The website Mind, Body, Green talks about 7 benefits of quinoa:
- Protein rich
- Twice as much fiber as most other grains
- Contains iron
- Rich in magnesium
- High in Riboflavin (B2)
- High content of manganese (antioxidant)
I love being able to add something healthy like quinoa into a salad that I already love and is packed full of veggies.
It is easy to whip up and easy to eat up! This recipe makes a large bowl so it’s perfect for a party, get together, or to have for lunches throughout the week and as a side to your dinner.Print
Healthy Greek salad packed full of colorful, delicious veggies and healthy quinoa. Perfect as a side dish, lunch or dish to bring to a party or picnic.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Few pinches of salt
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 3/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup pepperoncinis, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR DRESSING
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water using a small holed strainer so the quinoa doesn’t fall through. In a medium pot bring to a boil water, salt and quinoa over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, turn the heat low and simmer for 15-17 minutes (until water is absorbed).
- Remove quinoa from the heat and fluff with fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onion, red pepper, feta cheese and quinoa.
- For the dressing, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil and oregano. Pour dressing over the salad once you a ready to eat the salad, stir to mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add pepperoncinis (optional).
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod