Soft snickerdoodles are the perfect, easy holiday cookie to make that taste like a sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer combine butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- On low speed slowly blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Create a large ball of dough and chill in the refrigerator along with an ungreased cookie sheet for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 Tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough into a round ball and slowly roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture until coated.
- Place cookie dough on a chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles if you want.