Softy, Chewy Snickerdoodles are my favorite holiday cookie. These sugar cookies are rolled in cinnamon and sugar and soft when you bite into them. You can whip these up in 10 minutes and then just let the oven do the magic.
Christmas is fast approaching!! Did you get a chance to look at my round-up of 26 Delicious Treats for the Holidays on yesterday? If not you should stop by and see what you might want to make for your holiday meal or party! It is that time of year that we all attend holiday parties and need a quick, tasty treat to bring so it is nice to have new ideas to try.
Today I have another great treat to add to that holiday list of cookies–Soft, Chewy Snickerdoodles. While I rarely turn a holiday cookie down, these are my all time favorite cookie at Christmas. As a child we always made these each year along with a big batch of baklava and iced sugar cookies. I love the soft, chewy texture of these and the cinnamon and sugar that surrounds the cookies.
The nice thing about these cookies is that they are really easy to throw together. It takes me about 10 minutes to create the dough, 15 minutes to chill it in the refrigerator and then 10 minutes to cookie each sheet of cookies. That’s not too bad if you have a variety of treats you are making in one day.
I just need to mention how brutal it is being 8 months pregnant around the holidays and trying not to eat everything in site! I typically don’t have much of a sweet tooth, except when I am pregnant! Here’s to hoping I can control myself and share more cookies with others than I eat! 🙂Print
Soft snickerdoodles are the perfect, easy holiday cookie to make that taste like a sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer combine butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- On low speed slowly blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Create a large ball of dough and chill in the refrigerator along with an ungreased cookie sheet for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 Tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough into a round ball and slowly roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture until coated.
- Place cookie dough on a chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles if you want.
Recipe from Food.com