Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt Tahini Sauce takes your normal roasted cauliflower to a new level. Earthy and slightly sweet the za’atar is the perfect spice to add to your roasted cauliflower and is complimented nicely by the yogurt tahini sauce.
ZA’ATAR ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH YOGURT TAHINI SAUCE
Nothing beats roasted cauliflower.
If you haven’t tried it you need to jump on the bandwagon.
I know a lot of people that say they don’t like cauliflower but I think they just haven’t cooked it the right way.
When cauliflower is roasted it creates a sweet, soft vegetable that even the kids will love.
Start with this Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt Tahini Sauce. It is a winner!
When it comes to vegetables I try to mix things up every night to keep my kids interested.
I admit that I can’t get my kids to eat every vegetable but I sure try.
By roasting vegetables you really can encourage even the pickiest of eaters to eat their vegetables.
There is something about that slow roast of vegetables that just lets them really release their flavors and creates such a beautiful, sweet flavor.
Dinners in my house have been a bit crazy since school started.
Between tired kids after a long day and after- school-activities I am all about easy meals like these Healthy Baked Chicken Fingers or these Mac and Cheese Muffins that I can have waiting for the family at the end of a day to pair with this Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt Tahini Sauce.
Now of course because of the flavors in this cauliflower recipe it pairs wonderfully with a lot of Mediterranean meals.
For the Za'atar Roasted Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower (approx. 2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons za'atar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
For the tahini yogurt sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl break the cauliflower into small florets and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, za'atar and salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the cauliflower and use tongs to stir until all of the cauliflower is coated.
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes stirring occasionally or until the cauliflower is tender.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Remove the cauliflower the oven and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and drizzle the yogurt tahini sauce on top.